Coming Home to a Sound Investment
1. Control your space. Use a spare bedroom for your own home office. Create a workout area in the garage. You own the home, you make the rules.
2. Pride of Ownership. When you own something you tend to take better care of it. A home is no different. Cutting your lawn, creating a garden, or just making improvements on the weekends becomes a thing of joy.
3. Stability. When you purchase a home with a fixed interest rate mortgage, you don’t have to worry about surprises in your monthly payment. Month after month, you know what your payments are going to be. Renters don?t have that luxury. At the end of the lease, they have to be concerned about rent increases and possibly having to move.
4. Home Equity and Price Appreciation. Over time, as you build equity in your home, you may even have a home is that is more valuable than what you paid for it.
5. When you own a home, you own an asset. After living in a home, you are often rewarded with thousands of dollars of appreciation, whereas a rental only returns your security deposit!
So, while owning a home can take some work (and money), it is something you are likely to thank yourself for — both years down the road, and after you move in.